Wow, I’m humbled.
That is, if by “humbled” what I really mean is that my ego has just gone up a size.
2am has been memed as a “Thinking Blogger” and in accordance with the rules, has passed on the torch to five others, including yours truly.
The rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
Since the time-honored rules of childhood play won’t allow me to tag 2am back, I am presenting a list of five other blogs which have given me pause in the last six months. While The Thinking Blog does not say anything about sex blogging, I, myself, see no reason why those of us who blog about sexuality should be excluded from this meme. Even the very vanilla among us think about sexuality, and some of us have made a virtual career out of thinking aloud.
1) Lady Julia at The Entranced Realm has posted quite a bit on the nature of caring and relationships. Her posts on domination and submissiveness have been insightful and well-written, especially because she refuses to adhere to the old stereotypes.
2) Angela St. Lawrence at ZenFetish maintains one of the most erudite sex blogs that I’ve ever read. You never know what topics she will hit next: sex workers, domination, politics, holidays, and even vanilla sex are always on the menu. No less deserving are her regular commentators; I can barely keep up.
3) I have to admit to having a little “kindred spirit” crush on Cat over on Never Judge a Book by its Cover, but that’s not why she’s on this list. Cat’s explorations in D/s and BDSM have been interesting, but that’s not why she’s on this list, either. Rather, she’s on this list because her life situation is not an easy one, yet she always shows great attitude and seems to bounce back from various life challenges. While she doesn’t set out to make me think, after reading her posts I always put thought into how well I would do in her position.
4) Alexis on Why is Alexis Alexis? Sexuality, topical issues, politics, and sometimes some good rants. ’nuff said.
5) Although a relative new link on my blog, I have known maymay at Maybe Maimed for several years through his postings in various web forums. An introspective sort, he touches on BDSM, D/s, and more recently his own explorations in orgasm denial and chastity. I have no idea how he finds the time to write as much as he does. Vitamins? Extra appendages?
Unfortunately, Richard of Down on My Pansexual Polyfetishist Femdom Chastity Blog Lore misses this award because it says specifically “Thinking Blog.” That’s blog singular, and since we’ve long since lost count of how many domains he’s registered, Richard was disqualified at the gate. Too bad, because he’s usually got some great insights on that kinky sex stuff.
Also disqualified is Goddess Susan because she only has a Fauxblog.
Well, that’s not true, I could have bent a few rules. It’s more because she never came across with that car…
2am, thanks again for the nomination. I’m not sure what prompted this but I always appreciate an opportunity for a shameless ego post.