Stolen from Inspired by everybody else that seems to be posting it in the last couple of weeks. 99 is a hell of a lot of questions.
1. How old will you be in five years? 53 (almost 54)
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? Mrs. Edge.
3. How tall are you? 5′ 8″
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? A week off! Half with the family, half on my own (I like my peace & quiet time).
5. What’s the last movie you saw? Last DVD: Sin City. Last time at the theater: Umm… can’t remember. Last TV movie: Zoolander.
6. Who was the last person you called? Mrs. Edge.
7. Who was the last person to call you? My doctor’s office (I had a question on an upcoming blood test)
8. What was the last text message you received? “I like being your blue-eyed love goddess” (from Mrs. Edge, the day after she got a “present” that I bought her from Stormy Leather.)
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail? A friend of mine who wondered if I could help him out for a half hour tonight.
10. Do you prefer to call or text? Voice is better. Texting is good for a quick note, or a smile.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night? Either IMing Kimba or sleeping.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? Married 50 years.
13. When is the last time you saw your mom? Mother’s Day.
14. What color are your eyes? Hazel-ish-y.
15. What time did you wake up today? 5:45
16. What are you wearing right now? Jeans, cotton button down shirt.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Am I the only one that hates Xmas music?
18. Where is your favorite place to be? Laying on a comfy deck chair, reading a book, a cold lemonade by my side (or a vodka & tonic with lime).
19. Where is your least favourite place to be? In a crowd.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? A cabin in the woods, on a lake. With a kayak or canoe.
21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years? Pretty much no change.
22. Do you tan or burn? Tan. Although the top of my head is seeing more exposure lately.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? The monster that lived under the bed or in the closet.
24. What was the last thing that REALLY made you laugh? Zoolander from Qestion 5.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house? 1-1/2 (the 2nd one is not hooked up yet).
26. How big is your bed? King sized. I don’t know why, since I sleep on the side, and Mrs. Edge is always scooched up next to me.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? 2 desktops, 1 laptop, and a whole bunch of parts from older machines.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? I always sleep nude, unless I’m visiting someone. Then it’s only upon request.
29. What color are your sheets? All different colors. Right now we’ve got beige.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2
31. What is your favorite season? Late spring/Early summer. Sprummer?
32. What do you like about fall? The foliage (excellent in New England) and the way the air smells.
33. What do you like about winter? Not much. I get to have a fire in the fireplace.
34. What do you like about the summer? Daylight, warmth, greenery.
35. What do you like about spring? There’s just something about the air or atmosphere. The long, grey winter is over and the sap is starting to run.
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in? 1.
37. What cities/towns have you lived in? 8.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? I have these LL Bean slippers that they will need to bury me in.
39. Are you a social person? No. I’m okay in small groups, but not often, and I dislike going to several parties in a week.
40. What was the last thing you ate? Grilled salmon, baked potatoe, steamed broccoli. I cooked tonight.
41. What is your favorite restaurant? Outback Steakhouse (*ducks the rocks flung by Kimba*). Oh, and the small, romantic Italian place at the center of town.
42. What is your favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry’s Super Chocolate Fudge Chunk – also, Breyer’s Natural French Vanilla.
43. What is your favorite dessert? Mrs. Edge does this super dark chocolate cake from scratch… Either that, or pistachio ice cream with hot fudge.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup? Beef barley.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich? Rasberry – with seeds.
46. Do you like Chinese food? I could live on it… and have at some points in my life.
47. Do you like coffee? Yes. I grind my own beans, usually Dunkin’ or Green Mountain. I don’t understand why my coffee tastes better than when I buy it at Dunkin’ Donuts. It’s the same coffee, right? And lately I’ve been liking McDonald’s Paul Newman Organic coffee. I’ve been preferring that over Starbucks.
48. How many glasses of water a day? Maybe one or two? But I drink coffee – that’s mostly water, right? Oh, and tea. And Juice.
49. What do you drink in the morning? OJ or grape juice. Lately I’m off coffee and switched to tea. My sister brought me some nice Earl Grey from England.
What happened to 50? These memes need a good quality control agent. So, I’m going to make up my own:
50. What do you eat for breakfast? I tend to skip breakfast and have a light snack in mid-morning.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? Right side, usually.
52. Do you know how to play poker? A little. I’m not big on games. Except maybe naked Twister.
53. Do you like to cuddle? Depends. When watching a movie, yes. When lying in bed talking, yes. When I’m lying on the garage floor changing the oil, no.
54. Have you ever been to Canada? When I was a child we went to Niagra Falls.
55. Do you have an addictive personality? Nope. Unless you count my blogging addiction.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often? I cook a lot. You can usually find me in front of my big ol’ stainless steel grill.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? My stupid sister-in-law.
59. Do you want kids? I have one, plus a step-son.
60. Do you speak any other languages? I used to be fairly fluent in Spanish; now I can barely remember anything. I can get by as a tourist on my Spanish, Italian and French.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches? Only a few.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Nope.
63. Do you prefer the ocean or a pool? A lake.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats? Window.
65. Do you know how to drive stick? Yes. Or was this supposed to be a naughty question?
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Tools. I have a radial arm saw, a table saw, a standing drill press, a planer, a scroll saw… and a cabinet full of other power tools.
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7? Is there anybody who does not know about my piercing?
68. What is your favorite TV show? I watch some cartoons with my daughter. Other than that, I don’t watch much.
69. Can you roll your tongue? Yes. Want to see?
NO 70 EITHER (why not?)
70. Can you wiggle your ears? No.
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No, Mrs. Edge sleeps in the nude, too.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone? Mrs. Edge gets “You Shook Me” by AC/DC. Other people are split up between “Amish Paradise” (Weird Al), the Simpson’s “Stonecutter Theme”, Timbuck 3’s “Gotta Wear Shades”, Ted Nugent’s “Stranglehold”, Devo’s “Whip it” and the cute Cingular tune.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? Eww.
74. What red object is closest to you right now? Scissors.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? I turn it way down to a trickle.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Closed. Never found out where the monster went from question 23.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Bees. I have no desire to have my limbs torn away.
78. What is on your computer screen (wallpaper) now? I have a program that switches it around. Right now it’s the “Red Moon Desert” that comes with Win XP.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Plain or mustard.
80. What is your favorite food? Italian, when I cook. Chinese when it’s the great place down the street. Mexican when I want just chips and drinks.
81. Can you change the oil on a car? Yup.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Who, me? A few when I was younger.
83. Have you ever run out of gas? Yes.
84. What is your usual bedtime? Sometime between 10 and 2.
85. What was the last book you read? Some humor from the 1920s by PG Wodehouse.
86. Do you read the newspaper? Only on Sunday morning.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? 4 or 5. Psychology Today, Reason, Wood Magazine, and a couple of trade journals.
89. Do you watch soap operas? I’d rather be surfing teh interwebz.
90. Do you dance in the car? I rarely listen to music in the car anymore, I’ve been enjoying the silence. But sometimes I crank it up and do the driver dance.
91. What radio station did you last listen to? NPR this morning (it comes on as my alarm so I can hear the news).
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? On my right, family. On my left, “The Sleeping Gypsy”.
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? Probably some phone number at work.
94. What is your favorite candle scent? I like them plain, with just an Edge of Vanilla.
95. What is your favorite board game? Trivial Pursuit. I totally rule at anything with useless knowledge.
SOMEONE ABSCONDED WITH 96 AND 97
96. What kind of exercise do you get? I walk around at work a few times a day. I’m going to sign up at a gym because I’m just not as active anymore.
97. Paper or plastic? I switch. Paper is more easily degradable, but plastic is less damaging to the environment.
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school? Freshman: Dont’ remember. Sophmore: Spanish 2 teacher. Junior: Spanish 3 teacher (same guy). Senior Year: Civics
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent? I spent a week on the Appalachian Trail in southern New England. I’ve done several other 5 or 6 day hikes. I’ve camped in one spot for a week at campgrounds a bunch of times.